CORIA 2008 Call for Paper
Location and date: Tregastel (Côtes d'Armor - France), March 12 to 14, 2008
Submission deadline for abstracts:
December 3, 2007 extended to December 10, 2007
Submission deadline for papers:
December 10, 2007 extended to December 15, 2007
Answer to authors: January 30, 2008
Camera ready papers: February 10, 2008
Submission site: http://www.easychair.org/CORIA-2008/
PDF Version of this CfP
CORIA 2008 is the fifth Francophone Conference on Information
Retrieval and Applications. Organized with the support of the ARIA
(French Association for IR) CORIA is the main forum for the
Francophone community in information retrieval. It is widely open to
the entire scientific community concerned with this domain.
The conference gives to the participants the opportunity to exchange
new ideas and to present new theoretical and empirical results in IR
and in related domains. IR has known unprecedented developments,
particularly with the growth of web-related applications. Many new
promising directions have recently emerged like web retrieval, Web2.0
applications, social networks, blog search, forums and community
sites, large graph analysis, rumor detection, sentiment
The targeted audience for CORIA 2008 is that of junior and confirmed
researchers conducting their research in the field of Information
Retrieval or related fields, in France and in French-speaking
countries such as North Africa countries, Switzerland, Belgium or
We are seeking the submission of research papers that have not been
previously published or submitted. Submissions will be reviewed by
experts on the basis of their originality, their methodology and the
validity of results. Papers that explore new and original IR related
directions are particularly welcome even if not the main stream of
past IR research. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
- Theory and Formal Models for IR: Logic and Language Models, Probabilistic Models.
- Cross Language and Multi Language Retrieval, Translation.
- Multimedia Retrieval.
- Machine learning, Classification, Clustering, Ranking, Filtering, Spam Detection, Topic Detection.
- Natural Language Processing, Question Answering, Information Extraction, Summarization, Lexical Acquisition.
- Web IR, Large scale IR, Large Graphs Analysis, Citations and Link Analysis.
- Social Networks, Blog Search, Communities, Sentiment Classification, Rumor Detection, Adversial IR.
- Collaborative IR, Recommender Systems
- User interaction, User Modeling, Interfaces, Visualization.
- Knowledge Representation, Metadata, Ontology, Semantic Web, Knowledge Engineering.
- Electronic Libraries, specialized IR.
- Distributed IR, P2P.
- Evaluation and Test Collections
- Query Languages
Instructions for Authors
Summaries and papers are respectively due for
December 3, 2007 December 10, 2007 and
December 10, 2007 December 15, 2007. Submission may be in French or in English.
Papers, 16 pages at most, may be written in Word or Latex. The format
can be downloaded on Hermes Web site.
A cover page is required with the title, the name and affiliation of
authors, a summary of at most 10 lines, a list of keywords.
Only PDF is allowed for submission. The submission site is http://www.easychair.org/CORIA-2008/
President: Patrick Gallinari, Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France)
- Rachid Ahmed Ouamer, LARI, Université de Tizi Ouzou (Algeria)
- Massih Amini, LIP6 - Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France)
- Michel Beigbeder, ENS des Mines de Saint-Etienne (France)
- Patrice Bellot, LIA, Université d~Avignon (France)
- Abdelmajid Ben Hamadou, MIRACL, ISIM, Université de Sfax, (Tunisia)
- Catherine Berrut, CLIPS-IMAG, UJF, Grenoble (France)
- Mohand Boughanem, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse (France)
- Azedine Boulmakoul, LIM/LIST, Université Hassan II, Mohammedia, (Morocco)
- Mokrane Bouzeghoub, PRISM, Université de Versailles (France)
- Sylvie Calabretto, LIRIS, INSA-LYON (France)
- Max Chevalier, IRIT, Toulouse (France)
- Jean-Pierre Chevallet, IPAL-CNRS (Singapore)
- Boris Chidlovskii, Xerox - Grenoble (France)
- Claude Chrisment, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse (France)
- Nathalie Denos, LIG, UPMF, Grenoble (France)
- Ludovic Denoyer, LIP6 - Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France)
- Elöd Egyed-Zsigmond, LIRIS, INSA-LYON (France)
- Omar El Beqqali, GRMS2I, FSDM, Université de FES (Morocco)
- Eric Gaussier, LIG, UJF, Grenoble (France)
- Mathias Géry, Université de St-Etienne (France)
- Cyril Goutte, GTLI, ITI, Conseil National de Recherches (Canada)
- Brigitte Grau, LIR-LIMSI, CNRS (Orsay) et ENSIIE (Evry) (France)
- Gregory Grefenstette, CEA-LIST , Fontenay-aux-Roses (France)
- Patrick Gros, IRISA, INRIA, Rennes (France)
- Leila Kosseim, Concordia University (Canada)
- Mounia Lalmas, Queen Mary, University of London (UK)
- Edmond Lassalle, Orange Labs (France)
- Jacques Le Maître, LSIS, Université du Sud Toulon-Var (France)
- Lynda Lechani-Tamine, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse (France)
- Philippe Lopistéguy, LIUPPA, IUT de Bayonne, Bayonne (France)
- Pierre Maret, LIRIS, INSA, Lyon (France)
- Marie-Francine Moens, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, (Belgium)
- Josiane Mothe, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse (France)
- Philippe Mulhem, LIG, Grenoble (France)
- Iadh Ounis, University of Glasgow (UK)
- Jean-Marie Pinon, LIRIS, INSA Lyon (France)
- Andrei Popescu-Belis, IDIAP Martigny (Switzerland)
- Bruno Pouliquen, JRC, Commission Européenne (Italia)
- Violaine Prince, LIRMM, Université de Montpellier 2 (France)
- Catherine Roussey, LIRIS, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL) (France)
- Béatrice Rumpler, LIRIS, INSA, Lyon (France)
- Mazen Said, Faculté d'Informatique, Université D'ALEP (Syria)
- Jacques Savoy, Université de Neuchâtel (Switzerland)
- Florence Sedes, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse (France)
- Malika Smail-Tabbone, LORIA, Université Henri Poincaré Nancy (France)
- Chantal Soule-Dupuy, IRIT, Université Toulouse 1 (France)
- Isabelle Tellier, LIFL, Université de Lille 3 (France)
- Yannick Toussaint, INRIA, LORIA, Nancy (France)
- Tanguy Urvoy, Orange Labs (France)
- Pierre Zweigenbaum, LIR-LIMSI, CNRS, Orsay (France)
Co-presidents of the organizing comittee:
- Laurent Amsaleg, IRISA-CNRS, Rennes (France)
- Vincent Claveau IRISA-CNRS, Rennes (France)
Members of the organizing comittee:
- Elisabeth Lebret, INRIA, Rennes (France)
- Loïc Lesage, INRIA, Rennes (France)
- Fabienne Moreau, IRISA-Univ. Rennes 2 (France)
- Pierre Tirilly, IRISA-CNRS (France)
- Violaine Tygréat, INRIA, Rennes (France)
Conference location: VVF le Castel Sainte-Anne
More info on the dedicated page (in French).